Friday, July 25, 2008

Art Show ending tomorrow (as in Friday - I've not slept yet so it's still tomorrow)...

It's somewhat weird. I'm slightly conflicted here. I mean, this WAS the first art show I've taken part in. While it was largely stressful and everything, I'm actually going to miss it. My crazy side would go check up on the cards I have there with my e-mail address on it. Well, it just appears that I'm likely going to need to get back into the grind. Oddly enough, it seems like I genuinely missed working on the Emulsion Instrumentality Project.

I should be able to buy some more Fuji FP-100C - I'm really liking the stuff alot. Just from the experience I've had so far, it's less messy and tricky to work with, more color fast, and slightly more durable. So far, the biggest difficulty I have here isn't so much procuring the film for the emulsion lifts, but it's the lack of stuff to put it on.

I have some ideas at the flea markets that I saw, but if I really am going that route... Well, let's just say that my pieces are going to grow more and more complex. I've been eyeing a certain ~3 foot ceramic cat that looks like it could be fun to use. Aside from that, I only have a clear acrylic frosted bunny rabbit wearing a blue vest that has a light that goes into the bottom.

I have some other ideas I'm working on... But right now I just mostly need more supplies. I'm going to pick up my pieces either Saturday or Sunday, depending on assorted plans for the weekend. Since the show ends tomorrow, I think I may drop by there with the little digital and maybe the Polaroid 210 and some FP-100C. I'll have to think long and hard what to put pictures from my parts at the art show onto. It would need to be something adequitely triumphant.

No comments: