Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Finished piece - 07/27/2008


This is the first finished piece using Fuji FP-100C. The emulsion didn't lay down as well as I had hoped it would, but that is almost to be expected. I do worry about using the emulsions on pieces with such detailed surfaces, and these fears are not unfounded. The hardest parts I had was with the ears. Aside from that, the Fuji film is really showing what it can do, and I am pretty pleased with it.

It wasn't TOO difficult - the learning curve with this new emulsion is somewhat abbreviated, but still present. I think I may need to soak the emulsion for longer than I did on this piece. I did that on the first bit of emulsion at the bottom by the feet of the bunny, and it seemed to be more pliable. I don't quite remember exact times, but it was around by the 2 minute 30 second mark. I just remember this much because the glue between the emulsion and the paper became incredibly soupy.

For my own reference, the piece is refered to as EIP-0001.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

im curious, where do you live? what thrift stores do you go to? i would love to find a vintage polaroid camera for that price!

nancyttpham@gmail.com