Sunday, June 15, 2008

Emulsion Lifts

This is one of the 7 Emulsion Lifts I've done. I worked really hard on these - this is one of my favorites. I could go into working on emulsion lifts, but that's a bit involved. This piece is "Mossfungus" - sort of going into my thoughts about not being able to have kids.









This one has one of the longer titles I've used. "20 IF 10=TRUE GOTO 30"











This piece is titled "Obsolescence." I found the Disc camera at a thrift store.












This one, I found the cabbage patch kid head at a thrift store, and decided I wanted to make this piece as creepy and unsettling as I could. I think I succeeded.










This last one was difficult to make - it took me around 30ish hours to just lay the emulsions on. I titled this one "Ad Astra." The hard part was getting them to lay flat. Good news is that the polaroid emulsions are working out fairly well with being protected from UV. Ultraviolet light tends to fade emulsions really quickly.

No comments: