Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Idea for another piece

Well, I've mulled this idea for a while - I'm thinking of making a new piece. I'll be taking the top shell of a Nintendo Entertainment System and covering it with representations of the Konami Code... As in by a drive through with two up arrows is for the up, up part. Etc. There are only a few problems I can think of with this.

From the prior works I've done, I could fit ~2 pictures lengthwise and ~4 pictures up and down leading to a total maximum of 8 pictures. This could be problematic, as a rough estimate if I use each direction as one picture, I would need 11 pictures, and if I grouped the ups and downs, I could cut that to 9. I think I may be able to go a little further - perhaps combine the B, A... Like in the beginning of "bank" or something?

I really need to get some more Fuji FP-100C. I think that this would work well with the FP-100C. I want to make sure it's color, and I'd like to start off my new prefix with a NES - Sort of fitting, I think. I do need to make a new prefix for the Fuji emulsion lifts - they're markedly different from the Polaroid emulsion lifts. Perhaps "EIP" - "Emulsion Instrumentality Project" fits this next evolution pretty well... That and I have a habit of naming things "* Instrumentality Project" - I can't help it, I'm a nerd.

No comments: