Sunday, June 15, 2008

Some more of the cameras I've gotten

I bought these two at the flea market, for $5 and $8 respectively. On the left is a Brownie Reflex Synchro. It was in production from 1940 to 1952. Unfortunately, it's a camera I can't use. It uses 127 film, which was discontinued. Also, its insides seem pretty dirty to the point where it would be far too difficult to clean. It does look nice, so I'm pretty happy.



On the right is an Argoflex 75 with a flash gun using bulbs - a pretty nice little twin lens reflex camera. It is in pretty good shape. This one I COULD use. It uses 620 film - similar in most aspects to standard medium format film, 120 film. I'd prolly need to respool the film, but I've wanted to mess with medium format for quite some time.







I found this one at a flea market around a month ago or so. It's the Canon Canonet GIII QL17. It was first on the market in 1972. It's got a 40mm f1.7 lens. It uses a Mercury Oxide batteries, but since those are made anymore. Thankfully there's a Zinc-Air battery available, and it seems to work fairly well. I also like that it has a leaf shutter, so X-Sync doesn't pose any problem. It can sync from 1/4th of a second to 1/500th of a second.

It's got a rather clear, crisy lens. Also its film loading is remarkable. It's really simple to load, just laying the film where you need to, no threading the film through the spool. I've got very good luck with the camera.

No comments: