Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More experimentation with FP-100B black and white instant film

Okay, I figured out some more when it comes to working with Fuji's instant film with emulsion lifts. I just lifted an emulsion from FP-100B and put it on my dark blue GameBoy Advance SP. I noticed a few things while I was in the process.

A) It appears that the Fuji emulsion does not "spread out" from absorbing all of the water like Polaroid's emulsions do. This could be pretty useful now that I know it. In theory, I could cut the pictures to the exact proportions of what I am laying the emulsion on. With the Polaroids (like on Ad Astra), it was more of a "Hmmm, maybe this will work..." process, and it usually resulted in far too much emulsion in assorted areas. I kind of suspected this after feeling the Fuji's emulsion when I tried it on the empty can of Diet Coke with Splenda, but even still, it's nice to confirm it.

B) The black and white emulsion is relatively the same as the color - it is completely transparent aside from where the dyes are. The black and white emulsion seems to work well for darker base colors. The picture is slightly more subtle on the GBA SP, but it is there and I think it looks pretty nice.

Once I finish EIP-0001, I'll post it on here - if it shows up on a picture well.

No comments: